The holidays are always filled with excitement of the celebrations and baking leading up to the special days with family. Things will look very different this year for many families as we all continue to navigate through the pandemic. So it’s a great time to try something new to add some extra excitement and tastiness to your days.
Cakes in an orange add a twist to a widely loved treat. All you need is some oranges and your favorite cake (or even brownie) recipe and then the fun begins.
1. Carefully slice the top off an orange and KEEP this for later.
2. Scoop out the oranges. (You can do this the day before to save time. Keep the insides for juice, another recipe, or a healthy snack during the prep.)
3. Mix up your ingredients as you normally would.
4. Pour your batter into the orange shells until they are about 2/3 of the way full.
5. Place the top back on and wrap in aluminum foil.
6. If you’re preparing these in the oven, set it at 350°. Bake for approximately 25 or until a toothpick can come out clean. If you cook these on the fire, set them right on it but be sure they are away from big flames. This will take about 25-30 minutes and you should turn them once or twice.
This would be great to make inside with your own household, or have these for those chilly days around the fire with family and friends. I’ve heard some people talk about hosting Thanksgiving and Christmas outside around a fire. How fun would this be for an extra fun treat!